President Biden honored AAPI Youth Rising at the “United We Stand” Summit.
AAPI Youth Rising believes it is important for Americans of all races, religions, ages and political affiliations to come together to combat the rise in hate. All youth deserve to feel safe in America.
All youth can take small actions to make positive change in our communities. We know it from experience. We empower all youth to raise our collective voices.
How do we do this? We…
- Teach our Histories. Asian American history is American History: ONE DAY OF AAPI HISTORY lesson. SIGN UP HERE TO LEARN MORE.
- Raise our voices. We launched the ONE/180 pledge in support of at least one day of AAPI history + culture during the school year.
- Advocate for change. We support ethnic studies and AAPI history mandates across the country. Several have passed.
- Create. We launched a Creative Corner where we make art and blog. We organized the Our Diverse Voices youth art showcase and more.
- Take small actions. Check out our Action Corner for small actions you can take.
- Build coalitions. Interested in partnering with us? Reach out!
- Grow our voices. Youth mental and physical health, reproductive justice, gun control. These issues increasingly matter to us. Our futures depend on our participation.
ONE DAY of AAPI History Lesson
Asian American history is American History. AYR developed a one-hour lesson about some of the untold stories of Asians in America and we volunteer to teach our lesson to classrooms. We’re making a difference one school, one class, one student at a time. Sign up for ONE DAY OF AAPI HISTORY here. It’s free! You can learn more here, here, and here.
Our lesson launched in May 2022 and we have already taught hundreds of students. We launched in Massachusetts, Los Angeles, Berkeley, Mountain View and throughout the Bay Area. We have also taught in Illinois, Florida, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Virginia, and New York.
Sign the ONE/180 Pledge in support of at least one day of AAPI History + Culture during the school year.
AAPI Youth Rising Rally
In March 2021, AAPI Youth Rising organized a rally in Berkeley, CA to bring awareness to the increase in xenophobia against Asians in America. Over 15 youth, Berkeley council members, and many youth organizations spoke out during that incredible day.