AAPI Youth Rising is a student-led organization whose mission it is to take small actions to make positive change in our communities. We are honored to be recognized for our work:
- President Biden honored us at the “United We Stand” Summit held at the White House.
- CA vs. Hate Resource Line and Network AYR selected alongside 10 state-wide civil rights organizations to collaborate on the California Civil Rights Department: California vs. Hate – a new initiative to report and address hate across the state.
- The White House Initiative on AANHPI – AYR presents to the The President’s Advisory Commission on Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders: Commission Subcommittee for Health.
- Dignity.us, a bi-partisan initiative to combat the rise in hate fueled violence in America invited AYR to share our youth perspectives.
- Asia Society Northern California named AYR as a 2023 Asia Game Changer West Honoree.
- Act to Change named AYR as the 2023 Allied Organization of the Year and the 2022 Changemaker of the Year.
- American Girl selected AYR as the 2022 Girl of the Year Partner Organization for the first Chinese American Girl of the Year, Corinne Tan. Thanks to American Girl, our message reached 1.3+ Billion impressions in 2022 through the partnership announcement.
- Media coverage: TODAY Show, Washington Post, Good Morning America, CBS Evening News, Teach For America, “Together As One” by Soul of a Nation, and many others.
- Mina joined heroes Michelle Yeoh and Phillip Lim on the TAAF “Bridging Generations” panel on May 6, 2023!
But more than anything, we’re students making a difference one student, one lesson and one day at a time. And there’s more to come. Thanks for stopping by!
What is a Chapter Leader? Chapter Leaders pledge to bring our ONE DAY OF AAPI HISTORY into their classroom/student organization. They also join at least one event during the year (virtual or in person), attend our annual meeting, and sign up for public speaking, community organizing and event planning, legislative action, content creation or graphic art on social media, and/or art activism. Chapter Leaders have first access to speaking opportunities and be able to run for the AYR YOUTH BOARD at the Annual Meeting. We have 80+ Chapters in nearly 20 states and counting. Join now!
Click here to sign up as a Chapter Leader